In South America in the early 80's some horrible murders have been made and committed during a military power gain, already many victims have been made and more grotesque ones to follow. If you see the way how these people have been shot in cold blood whereby people where helpless, if only they could have help from outside. During the military power gain also rape & menslaughter was also top priority.
December Murders refers to the murder on December 8, 1982, of thirteen civilians and two military officials who opposed the military rule in Suriname. They were executed in Fort Zeelandia, Paramaribo. The circumstances have not become completely clear yet; at the time, the Suriname military administration of DÃ©si Bouterse claimed all were shot while trying to flee. Others have spoken of torture, murder and summary execution.
The December Murders led to international protests. The former colonial power, Netherlands,
froze development aid afterwards. No one has stood trial for the murders. Then military leader and later president Bouterse however did later accept political responsibility, but he says he is not the one who 'pulled the trigger'. The suspects, The Dutch parlement where in favour to schrink the suspects into 25 persons local to militair personal. These are the suspects and are still for trial when leaving the country.
*** de Bie
Victims of the December murders where mostly all educated and left thinkers, who barely have done harm in the society, the names of these innocent victims where.
John Baboeram, lawyer
Bram Behr, journalist
Cyrill Daal, union leader
Kenneth GonÃ§alves, lawyer
Eddy Hoost, lawyer
AndrÃ© Kamperveen, journalist
Gerard Leckie, university faculty
Sugrim Oemrawsingh, university faculty
Lesley Rahman, journalist
Surendre Rambocus, military
Harold Riedewald, lawyer
Jiwansingh Sheombar, military
Jozef Slagveer, journalist
Robby Sohansingh, businessman
Frank Wijngaarde, journalist (with Dutch citizenship)
Still now Desi Bouterse has a close political game and doesn't let all people in the country. Business import & export is limited out of suspicion of being caught by international police or interpol.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Bbc Dictators
- Review category
- Government and Politics
You May Also Like
- "During the end of 1930's and early 1940's in the Netherlands: Almost all right Christians have taken the believes and Ideology of Adolf Hitler, that made around 30 to 40..."
- "For many years Europe had a stable economy and the countries where flourishing. Own money valuta, good own identity, business infrastructure, good safety and protection of the own economy. The..."
- "One of the most utter left party members from GroenLinks Femke Halsema of the House of Representatives, has taken her children out of a black school at Transvaalbuurt in Amsterdam-Oost..."
- "For a democratic country and kapatalistic system we often think people of the Netherlands are lovable and appreciate talent and good looking people. On the contrary Dutch people are often..."
- "If you are on budget and need a good quality replica watch, planetreplica.co is the place to go. I just bought a Omega replica watch from planetreplica.co several days ago...."
- "I live in Europe, in the Netherlands. Unfortunately, I did not read all the negative reviews about Fragrancenet before ordering something from then. Ok, I ordered a perfume, I payd..."
- "I have bought a few items from Everbuying, and had no problems. I bought a cheap tablet and a couple of case covers for my cellphones, and that was it...."
- " All Reviews Telecommunications Fox News 48 of 272 reviews Fox News The Kelly File Tv Show Review from Helotes, Texas ISSUE NOT RESOLVED Helotes, Texas Oct 19 ..."
- "We thought that the expensive leather construction was the way to go. On the left seat of the sofa, the thread wasn't pulled as tight as on the right seat. ..."